RAI & Future Innoversity join hands
Launch an industry-endorsed Post Graduate Programme in Retail Management.June 26, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Retailers Association of India has partnered Future Innoversity, the academic arm of Future Group company to launch an industry-endorsed Post Graduate Programme in Retail Management.The 11 month programme will mirror the real time industry needs and prepares the student to work with the top retailers of India.
Kumar Rajagopalan, CEO, Retailers Association of India said, "Retail Industry seeks people with attitude to serve and the aptitude to manage people, space, finance and merchandise in order to satisfy customers. With the demand for trained manpower in the industry it is the apt time for the young managers to join and grow in the business rapidly.” The programme is an initiative to bridge this gap by providing highly trained professionals specialized in the nuances of doing retail business in India. This association will leverage on RAI's membership base of over 800 retailers for potential employment, work study projects, curriculum enhancement and on-the-job learning. Future Innoversity will bring to the table, its experience in delivering retail management courses and leverage RAI member organization's vast network of stores to make real time, on-the-job learning possible for all PGPRM students. Muralidhar Rao, CEO, Future Learning said, "Started three years back, Future Innoversity, has been running successful management programmes in retail and supply chain management programmes. We have realized that the need of the hour is a shorter duration course that has all the attributes of an MBA and is high on experiential learning. Through this partnership, we are now addressing the need for sector-specific, employment ready professionals in the retail industry."
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India
- LOTS Wholesale Solutions expands footprint with its third store in India
- Microsoft partners with retail chain Kroger to develop grocery stores