RIL forays into co-branded apparel with RElan
RIL has entered into partnership with US-based VF Corporation owner of the Wrangler brand and the largest denim player globally
Tags: RIL ApparelNovember 13, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), which has recently introduced RElan a portfolio of specialty fabrics, is in talks with several apparel brands for co-branding of apparels. RIL is also adopting a B-2-B-2-C approach under its HEP (Hub Excellence Program) in which it is forging partnerships with textile manufacturers to provide technology to manufacture high performance fabrics RElan.
RIL Spoke Person said "We are taking the high quality and high performance products to the consumers in tie-up with the brands. We have identified certain products. We have already tied up with VF Corporation, which would be launching Wrangler Jeans under our fibre. They would be launching in India and Asia Pacific markets. We are also in advance discussions with five more brands and in times to come, we would be tying up with many more. We have already identified 50-60 spinners, weavers and gramenters who could be eventually our HEP partner. Right now we have 25 and we would be collaborating lots of brands.
RIL has entered into partnership with US-based VF Corporation, owner of the Wrangler brand and the largest denim player globally.
The categories include denim, ethnic wear, formal wear, women's wear.
This co-branding exercise will give RIL a foothold in the Rs 2, 50,000 crore Indian apparel industry comprising almost a 50-50 share of menswear and women swear. In north India, RIL is targeting 200 textile manufactures, who can manufacture RElan fabrics.
- LG India starts open cell manufacturing of TV at Pune plant
- Amazon pumped Rs 230 crore into India wallet
- Singapore based CCube Angels Network Invests in Inner Being
- Amazon readies for Prime Day with blockbuster deals
- Shoppers Stop betting big on omni-channel strategy
- Now IKEA will launch its first store in India on August 9
- Panasonic India aims aggressive growth
- Bosch Home Appliances partners with Amazon
- Indias retail sales will cross $1,244.58 billion by 2018: ASSOCHAM-Resurgent study
- Jacqueline Fernandez and Mojostar unveil active wear brand Just F