RIL takes Bharti Retail to court
Reliance Fresh claims misleading price comparisons.May 10, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Fresh has filed a case against Bharti Retail and took it to court over misleading price comparisons, thus causing tension between the two groups. While Reliance Fresh is a part of Reliance Industries Limited, Bharti Retail is the retail arm of Bharti Group.
Reliance Fresh has asked the Delhi High Court that Bharti Retail stops making unwanted claims that their Easyday stores offers products at a cheaper price as compared to Reliance outlets. These claims have been made using leaflets and newspaper inserts, distributed across various cities including Ghaziabad, Aurangabad, Ludhiana and Jaipur.
The Delhi High Court has issued notice on May 3, according to the court's website.
This development has come across as a new addition to the existing rivalry between the two groups which started with telecom in early 2000.
This rivalry or competition is also strongly visible in their retail operations. While RIL's retail business, launched in 2006, marked revenue of Rs 10,000 crore in 2012-13, and has 1,400 stores across the country, Bharti, launched in 2007, is a much smaller player with 200 stores. Bharti, though, is now expected to expand operation with its partner Walmart as government opens FDI.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019