RIL to sell Vimal
Appoints NM Rothschild to look for strategic partners.June 22, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
A brand known for suitings, sarees and home furnishing from past three decades is likely to slip off Reliance Industries’ hands. Named after Dhirubhai Ambani’s nephew, RIL has decided to look for strategic partners for the brand. For this the company has also appointed investment bank NM Rothschild.
RIL looks at a possible JV or complete sale of its ailing textiles business, including Vimal, once valued at a little over Rs 300 crore.
The Vimal brand, which began with sarees in the 70s, graduated to men’s suiting in the 80s and home furnishings under the Harmony brand name and went for a major revamp in 2007.
RIL’s textile arm which when started was stipulated as a strategic move but has now lost its charm. Currently, the business contributes less than 2.5 per cent of RIL’s total turnover of Rs 85,000 crore.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021