Raghu Pillai passes away
Retail veteran, Raghu Pillai, 54, passed away in
April 11, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Retail veteran, Raghu Pillai, 54, passed away in Chennai on Sunday morning after a fatal cardiac attack.
He was holding the position of CEO of Future Value Retail and executive board member of Future group, where he had moved recently after quitting Reliance Retail as CEO.
Known for his quintessential talents and skills in the retail sectore, he was part of the start-up team of FoodWorld Supermarkets.
Starting his career with the RPG group in Dunlop in 1980, he was later with Fujitsu ICIM and then HMV before he joined FoodWorld Supermarkets, a joint venture the RPG group formed with Dairy Farm International in the mid-1990s to kick-start an organised retail chain in the country.
After a long career with the RPG group, Mr Pillai had moved briefly to the Future group and subsequently to Reliance, only to return to Future after a stint with Reliance as its CEO for operations and strategy
He is survived by his wife, daughter and son, both of whom are in university in Singapore.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021