Rapid growth for India's e-commerce
ViziSense, India’s leading online audience and ad measurement platform, has recently released an extensive and comprehensive report on the fast growing B2C e-commerce segment.
September 13, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
ViziSense, India’s leading online audience and ad measurement platform, has recently released an extensive and comprehensive report on the fast growing B2C e-commerce segment. As per this report, while the online audience grew by 40 per cent from July 2010 to June 2011, e-commerce (non-travel) grew three times of that. The report also showcases the meteoric growth of the Services category (group-buying and daily deal sites as well as ticketing sites) which has created plenty of first-time online shoppers and kept them online, hungry for more deals.
Commenting on the report, Amit Bhartiya, GM, ViziSense said, “The huge buzz seen in the e-commerce category funding and valuations last year has been matched by real and continued growth within this category. New formats and innovation like cash on delivery and free shipping have broken the barriers for Indians to come out and embrace e-commerce in large numbers and a combination of great deals and convenience will lead the charge for this category going forward. We are also amazed to see the huge traction that recently launched sites like Flipkart, Fashionandyou, Snapdeal and Bookmyshow have gained”.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand ShazĂ© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group