Raymond shuts down Be:Home
The latest rumors are brewing that Gautam Singhania-led textile major Raymond
June 23, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gautam Singhania-led textile major Raymond has shut down its premium brand, Be:Home within two years of its launch.
These stores were located in Mumbai and Delhi and had become non-operational. The real reason of its closure is not revealed. The only explanation cited is that the particular course of action is in line with the company’s ongoing strategic evaluation of brand portfolio and brand consolidation.
Reversing the time, Be:Home was itself re-launched in 2008 to offer the premium range of fashion designer’s collection at lower prices. At the time of its inception in 2001, the brand was named as Be: which discontinued in 2007 and was re-launched in 2008 with the name of Be:Home, which showcased variety of soft furnishings and accessories sourced from across the globe.
The home furnishings segment has many players like the Future Group, Shoppers Stop and Bombay Dyeing, among others.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021