Raymond to invest 100 crore for expansion
Raymond Ltd plans on investing Rs 100 crore to open about 300 stores across the country by end-March 2011 as part of its expansion plans.
October 07, 2009 | comments ( 5 ) |
Raymond Ltd plans on investing Rs 100 crore to open about 300 stores across the country by end-March 2011 as part of its expansion plans. With plans to reach 712 towns, Raymond intends adding 50 new stores every quarter. Expecting the potential turnover to exceed Rs 200 crore from these stores on an annualised basis, the company is penetrating into India's hinterland by setting up 1,500 sq. ft stores in towns like Bijapur, Mandya, Ahmednagar, Bellary, Ghoti and Bhandara, among others. With the addition of about 300 stores the total number of the outlets of the company would go up to 800. The company aims to enhance its retail space by 50 per cent by 2011, adding more than 4.5-lakh sq. ft to existing floor area.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group