Raymond to spread its wings in retail
Anticipating buoyant domestic demand, textile maker
August 05, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Anticipating buoyant domestic demand, textile maker and retailer, Raymond Ltd. is planning toexpand its footprints by opening around 100 retail outlets this fiscal.
Raymond shirting fabrics JV would be adding 10 mn meters per annum while planning to addaround 100 franchise outlets this year as it closes unprofitable stores and consolidates to turncorner.
After detailed internal studies, the company is optimistic about the consumer sentiments andlooks positively on the demand side.
“Come winter season where we are taking in growth in excess of 17-18% in terms of bookings,we expect the optimism to continue,” chief financial officer H Sunder said.
Raymond plans to open up to three-fourth of the new stores in non-metros and class IV and Vtowns through franchise, in line with its strategy of cementing its footing in India’s hinterland.Raymond also plans a Rs. 400 million expansion of its shirting fabrics joint venture with Italy’sGruppo Zambaiti, boosting capacity by 10 million meters a year at its Kohlapur unit to 22 millionmeters.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019