Ready-to-eat meals from Kohinoor Foods
Kohinoor Foods, a major player in the packaged Basmati rice segment, plans to manufacture Thai and Italian ready-to-eat packaged foods at its two existing facilities in Haryana by end-2010. These faci
February 08, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Kohinoor Foods, a major player in the packaged Basmati rice segment, plans to manufacture Thai and Italian ready-to-eat packaged foods at its two existing facilities in Haryana by end-2010. These facilities currently manufacture the company’s frozen foods and ready-to-eat packets, which primarily cater to the north Indian market.
“We focus on north Indian food. We have a few south Indian offerings as well. But international food is something we are seriously looking at — like Thai and Italian cuisine,” says Nishant Arora, Business Head (Foods Division).
With the addition of the new international foods segment, the company plans to churn out 40,000-50,000 meals (packets) a day, against the 15,000 meals that are being manufactured in their frozen foods division. The company hopes its ready-to-eat foods — both domestic and international — would account for 33 per cent of its turnover, which currently stands at Rs 640 crore. Kohinoor plans to use its 300,000 retail outlets to market the new range of Thai and Italian ready-to-eat meals
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG