Reckitt Benckiser gets new GM
Akhil Chandra from Glaxo SmithKline joins RB as GM.October 10, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
RB appoints Akhil Chandra as General Manager for India with immediate effect. Chandra has shifted his base from Glaxo SmithKline Consumer Healthcare, where he was posted as Vice President and General Manager- Asia.
Chandra will be reporting to Chander Mohan Sethi, SVP Regional Director South East Asia and he will be based at the head office in Gurgaon. On his appointment Sethi says, “Akhil has a wide experience in marketing and managing FMCG businesses at country and regional levels. He brings with him a deep understanding of the healthcare domain. We have recently reshaped our strategy to focus on Health, Hygiene and Home in order to deliver healthier and better lives to our consumers. I am sure that Akhil will continue to lead RB India’s next stage of accelerated growth into the OTC space in a significant way.”
Chandra holds Master’s degree in Economics from the Delhi School of Economics and MBA from the Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi. He started his career as a Management Trainee in SmithKline Beecham India in 1989. He worked on a number of marketing roles in GSK as General Manager Marketing for Horlicks in India, Director for Global Category management for Nutritionals in UK and Managing Director and General Manager for Malaysia – Singapore. In 2011 he took over charge for Asia before joining RB India as GM.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021