Rel Digital eyes 500 stores
The electronic chain of Reliance plans warehouse in each state.December 17, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The electronic chain of the Reliance Group, Reliance Digital, plans aggressively to expand its presence in the Indian market. The chain is targeting to take its current number of stores, which is 104, to 500 by March 2014. According to Vijay Nair, Assistant Vice-President, Reliance Retail, the company will focus on tier-2 and -3 cities to further expand its retail presence.
With the expanding of stores, the company will also strengthen its backend by increasing its total count of warehouse from 21 to one in each state. The plan is in line with the group’s plans to expand the retail business. The retail arm plans to grow 5 to 6 folds in next 3 to 4 years and achieve revenue of Rs 40,000 - Rs 50,000 crore.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India