Rel Digital eyes 500 stores
The electronic chain of Reliance plans warehouse in each state.December 17, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The electronic chain of the Reliance Group, Reliance Digital, plans aggressively to expand its presence in the Indian market. The chain is targeting to take its current number of stores, which is 104, to 500 by March 2014. According to Vijay Nair, Assistant Vice-President, Reliance Retail, the company will focus on tier-2 and -3 cities to further expand its retail presence.
With the expanding of stores, the company will also strengthen its backend by increasing its total count of warehouse from 21 to one in each state. The plan is in line with the group’s plans to expand the retail business. The retail arm plans to grow 5 to 6 folds in next 3 to 4 years and achieve revenue of Rs 40,000 - Rs 50,000 crore.
- Montblanc opens new boutique in Bangalore
- Milkbasket tops up its Series A with another $7 Million
- Lingerie e-tailer Clovia plans to open 75 stores by 2021-end
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka