Reliance Brands brings Steve Madden to India
Reliance Brands Limited, a part of Reliance Industries
March 03, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Brands Limited, a part of Reliance Industries today announced an exclusive long-term license agreement with Steven Madden Ltd, a leading designer, wholesaler and retailer of fashion-forward footwear and accessories for women, men and children.
Through this association, Steve Madden products will be available through exclusive mono-brand stores and premium department stores in all major cities across India. Positioned as a bridge between hi-street and luxury, the brand will target women between 16-40 years and will offer a cutting-edge range of fashion forward, of-the-moment designs across footwear and a variety of accessories. The stores will also offer Madden Girl, a fashionable line for younger girls who wish to make a statement.
Commenting on the association Mr. Edward Rosenfeld, CEO, Steve Madden said “India and its diverse consumer base is a very important and strategic market for us. Our association with Reliance Brands culminates a long cherished goal of entering this unique market and marks the beginning of a long term association with the trend conscious Indian consumers.”
In the last twenty years, the company has made significant and groundbreaking strides in expanded collections, categories, licensing agreements and acquisitions. Currently, the Steve Madden brand is sold in 170 Steve Madden retail stores (including the Company’s online store), department stores and specialty stores across 47 countries worldwide.
Mr. Darshan Mehta, President & CEO, Reliance Brands Ltd. said “Steve Madden has always been known for its expertise in trend forecasting and has a large and loyal following of fashion-forward women across the world. Currently there is a great demand for fashionable women’s footwear and accessories in India; however it is one segment that is lacking in options. Through our association with Steve Madden we look forward to translating the brand’s unique fashion sense into the mindset of the Indian women consumers and offering them what they’ve been demanding for.”
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India