Reliance Brands to partner with US - based Timberland
Reliance Brands has entered into a licensing and distribution deal with $1.5 billion iconic US shoe brand, Timberland, and will roll out the first store next year.
December 01, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Brands has entered into a licensing and distribution deal with $1.5 billion iconic US shoe brand, Timberland, and will roll out the first store next year. Timberland is a leading outdoor premium-quality footwear and apparel company, with environmental stewardship as its USP. This is Reliance Brands’ third tie-up. It already has a JV with two Italian brands -- Paul & Shark and Diesel -- which are expected to have a retail rollout by 2010. For India, Timberland’s strong presence in the European and Asian markets bodes well and provides a good scope for its patented waterproof leather shoes or iconic yellow boat shoes. Timberland is a dual-gender brand and sells footwear as well as apparel range.
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear