Reliance Brands to partner with US - based Timberland
Reliance Brands has entered into a licensing and distribution deal with $1.5 billion iconic US shoe brand, Timberland, and will roll out the first store next year.
December 01, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Brands has entered into a licensing and distribution deal with $1.5 billion iconic US shoe brand, Timberland, and will roll out the first store next year. Timberland is a leading outdoor premium-quality footwear and apparel company, with environmental stewardship as its USP. This is Reliance Brands’ third tie-up. It already has a JV with two Italian brands -- Paul & Shark and Diesel -- which are expected to have a retail rollout by 2010. For India, Timberland’s strong presence in the European and Asian markets bodes well and provides a good scope for its patented waterproof leather shoes or iconic yellow boat shoes. Timberland is a dual-gender brand and sells footwear as well as apparel range.
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities
- Rahul Dravid to endorse Philips air purifiers
- Paytm may acquire UCWeb’s India biz
- Unicommerce selected as the exclusive partner by House of Anita Dongre for warehouse & e-commerce management solutions
- Amazon registers sales surge across the categories at opening day of festive sale
- ShopClues launches International Store on its platform
- Retail sector set to reach USD 1750 bn. by 2026: FICCI-Deloitte report
- LOVE MOSCHINO launches first flagship store in Delhi