Reliance Retail JVís outlet at 'More'
Vision Express, the joint venture between Reliance Retail and Dutch optical retailer Pearle Europe, has announced that it is embarking on an expansion spree with plans to open 60-70 outlets every year
February 20, 2010 | comments ( 4 ) |
Vision Express, the joint venture between Reliance Retail and Dutch optical retailer Pearle Europe, has announced that it is embarking on an expansion spree with plans to open 60-70 outlets every year and tap large format stores and malls.
Interestingly, in a significant departure from the earlier strategy of opening outlets either in a standalone format or in Reliance Retail's stores, the JV in which the Mukesh Ambani- promoted retailer has 50 per cent stake, will move into rival Aditya Birla Group's 'More' hypermart by opening an outlet at Baroda.
"Our plan is to open 60-70 outlets every year. The areas we are looking to tap are the malls and large format stores," said Guillame Brouwet, Chief Executive Officer,
Vision Express. He, however, refused to share the company's investment plans
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021