Reliance Retail JVís outlet at 'More'
Vision Express, the joint venture between Reliance Retail and Dutch optical retailer Pearle Europe, has announced that it is embarking on an expansion spree with plans to open 60-70 outlets every year
February 20, 2010 | comments ( 4 ) |
Vision Express, the joint venture between Reliance Retail and Dutch optical retailer Pearle Europe, has announced that it is embarking on an expansion spree with plans to open 60-70 outlets every year and tap large format stores and malls.
Interestingly, in a significant departure from the earlier strategy of opening outlets either in a standalone format or in Reliance Retail's stores, the JV in which the Mukesh Ambani- promoted retailer has 50 per cent stake, will move into rival Aditya Birla Group's 'More' hypermart by opening an outlet at Baroda.
"Our plan is to open 60-70 outlets every year. The areas we are looking to tap are the malls and large format stores," said Guillame Brouwet, Chief Executive Officer,
Vision Express. He, however, refused to share the company's investment plans
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2