Reliance Retail: Revenue may grow 10 times
In RILís 36th Annual General Meeting (AGM), it was declared that the retail arm of the company is going to
June 19, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
In RIL’s 36th Annual General Meeting (AGM), it was declared that the retail arm of the company is going to, witness a revenue growth of10-fold and become a Rs 45,000 crore enterprise in the next five years.
It has been reported that the company’s retail business record sales of Rs 4,500-crore in the fiscal year ended March 2010.
Currently, Reliance Retail operates nearly 1,150 stores in 86 cities across 14 states. India’s largest retail company Pantaloon Retail has reported a turnover of Rs 6,349 crore for the year ended June 30, 2009.
Although, the company has established retail market, it is in competition with Future Group, Aditya Birla Group and Tata Group. Reliance Retail also has tie-ups with other international brands like Marks & Spencer, Pearle Europe, Asics Corporation (Japan) and British toy major Hamleys.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021