Reliance Retail hires people from Tesco Lotus for key roles
Relaince Retail is slowly filling its top slots with professionals from Thailand, a country whose retail market once used to resemble India’s.
January 19, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Relaince Retail is slowly filling its top slots with professionals from Thailand, a country whose retail market once used to resemble India’s. The firm has already hired at least 10 people in key roles — all of them from Thailand’s Tesco Lotus. Around 20-25 more are expected to join in the coming months to run its value formats.
The Thai professionals will be heading key functions such as operations, commercial, IT, supply chain and HR.
Many of these Thai professionals are being hired on the company’s payroll, while others are being brought in on limited-term contracts. Reliance has been in talks with various global retail chains for a strategic partnership.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand ShazĂ© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group