Reliance Retail hires people from Tesco Lotus for key roles
Relaince Retail is slowly filling its top slots with professionals from Thailand, a country whose retail market once used to resemble India’s.
January 19, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Relaince Retail is slowly filling its top slots with professionals from Thailand, a country whose retail market once used to resemble India’s. The firm has already hired at least 10 people in key roles — all of them from Thailand’s Tesco Lotus. Around 20-25 more are expected to join in the coming months to run its value formats.
The Thai professionals will be heading key functions such as operations, commercial, IT, supply chain and HR.
Many of these Thai professionals are being hired on the company’s payroll, while others are being brought in on limited-term contracts. Reliance has been in talks with various global retail chains for a strategic partnership.
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores