Reliance Retail registers significant profit
Dec quarter sales up by 38 percentJanuary 22, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Retail's revenue increased by 38 percent to Rs 3,927 crore in the third quarter ended December 31, 2013. During the last fiscal, the company has churn out the turnover of Rs 2,839 crore.
The retail business achieved Rs 106 crore profit before depreciation, interest and taxes (PBDIT) in the October-December period of the ongoing fiscal. Its PBDIT stood at Rs 271 crore for the nine-month period i.e April-December, 2013.
In an official release the company has stated, "Value formats sustained the growth momentum to maintain leadership position in the grocery retail business while Reliance Market, the cash and carry format continued its rapid geographical expansion".
Reliance Retail currently has 1,577 stores across 141 cities in India as on December 31, 2013.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG