Reliance Retail to expand cash-and-carry
Reliance Retail plans to convert some of its hypermarkets into wholesale cash-and-carry stores.January 04, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Retail plans to convert some of its large hypermarkets into wholesale cash-and-carry stores in a bid to quickly scale up operations, and gain market share.
The Reliance Mart hypermarket in Bhopal's Aashima Mall is under renovation and expected to reopen in February, as a cash-and-carry store.
Ashish Jain, Marketing Manager, Reliance Retail, SAID, “After renovation, this store will also cater to consumers apart from traditional kiranas.”
Reliance is setting up its wholesale stores in locations where the concentration of kiranas is high, as it would be easier to make them customers rather than competing with them, say analysts.
An official spokesperson from Reliance Retail, said, "We continue to evaluate our offerings and realign them in specific locations to ensure their viability.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021