Reliance Retail to shut 16 istores
Closure is occurring to match global design guidelines.December 06, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Retail is all set to close 16 of its 20 exclusive Apple iStores as some of them don't comply with the global store design specified by the maker of iPhones and iPads. If sources are to be believed non-compliance with international design format is disrupting the US Company’s efforts to increase sales in India.
However, a senior executive who runs a chain of Apple stores, said, "Complying with such specifications in a market like India may not always make business sense since Apple is still a niche brand and in the current economic environment it becomes an added expense to change store design,"
He also informed that of the 16 stores, 12 of them did qualify as per the new Apple norms. But the group decided to convert them into Digital Xpress (outlets) since the stores are in prime locations. These stores will also sell Apple products along with all other leading electronic brands.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021