Reliance retail partners with 2SFG
Will house chilled and frozen foods from the brand.July 10, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Retail has entered into a back-end joint venture with 2 Sisters Food group (2SFG), a UK-based meat-processing company to introduce chilled and frozen foods at its food and grocery outlets. The two are also setting up a plant to process chilled food as well.
2SFG also plans to open a quick service restaurant (QSR) chain in the country. The name for the chain will be called 'Chicken Came First', a take on the age-old question of what came first, the chicken or the egg. The restaurant is scheduled to open in a Reliance hypermarket at Phoenix Market City mall in Mumbai's Kurla suburb and at Euro Park in Sahibabad, NCR. Relaince Retail wants to bring multiple food options to its customers and has already invested in a state-of-the-art food innovation lab to support new products.
"We have been exploring collaboration opportunities with multiple companies involved in food innovation, technology and manufacturing in order to address the evolving needs of Indian customers. We continue to have discussions with some leading Indian and international players in this domain," said a spokesperson from Reliance Retail.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2