Reliance retail partners with 2SFG
Will house chilled and frozen foods from the brand.July 10, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Retail has entered into a back-end joint venture with 2 Sisters Food group (2SFG), a UK-based meat-processing company to introduce chilled and frozen foods at its food and grocery outlets. The two are also setting up a plant to process chilled food as well.
2SFG also plans to open a quick service restaurant (QSR) chain in the country. The name for the chain will be called 'Chicken Came First', a take on the age-old question of what came first, the chicken or the egg. The restaurant is scheduled to open in a Reliance hypermarket at Phoenix Market City mall in Mumbai's Kurla suburb and at Euro Park in Sahibabad, NCR. Relaince Retail wants to bring multiple food options to its customers and has already invested in a state-of-the-art food innovation lab to support new products.
"We have been exploring collaboration opportunities with multiple companies involved in food innovation, technology and manufacturing in order to address the evolving needs of Indian customers. We continue to have discussions with some leading Indian and international players in this domain," said a spokesperson from Reliance Retail.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021