Reliance to focus on last-mile delivery, customer experience for its e-com biz
The key focus for the company will be on speed and the ability to deliver the right products with minimum errors, the source said.July 10, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
New Delhi: Reliance Industries to focus on last-mile delivery and superior customer experience for its planned online marketplace venture.
“Last-mile delivery and the overall customer experience are going to be priority areas for Reliance,” a source said, asking not to be identified. Reliance plans to invest heavily to build a robust supply chain, including its own delivery logistics, and will also use third-party companies as “it wants to take ownership of delivery and experience,” the source said.
The key focus for the company will be on speed and the ability to deliver the right products with minimum errors, the source said.
The online marketplace will host all of Reliance Retail’s businesses, including grocery, fashion, jewellery and electronics, apart from independent sellers.
Reliance has plans for large hiring – directly and indirectly – for its ecommerce entry, the person said.
When Reliance unveiled its plan of make use of its telecom service – Reliance Jio Infocomm – and the Reliance Retail chain for a “hybrid online-to-offline” venture on Thursday, Chairman Mukesh Ambani said the company would leverage legions of kirana stores as last-mile delivery partners.
- Iba Halal Care raises Series A1 funding from Addvantis Enterprises
- Softline leggings ropes in Anushka Sharma
- Amazon may open more than 3,000 cashierless stores by 2021
- Siyaram’s launches superstar Ranveer Singh as their New Brand Ambassador
- Samara-Amazon acquires Kumar Mangalam Birla's More retail chain
- Walmart hires expats for senior roles in Flipkart
- Aditya Birla Fashion forays into women's innerwear and athleisure category
- Amazon Pay launches card-less AMAZON PAY EMI solution
- IKEA targets home delivery by electric vehicle in five major cities by 2020
- M&S opens first store in Odisha