Retail opportunities discussed at Continuum ‘10
Various important issues pertaining to the fashion retail and marketing were discussed by some of the renowned names in the industry.
October 29, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Continuum 2010, mapping the retail future, an international conference on fashion retail and marketing, was recently organized by Pearl Academy of Fashion in association with LDT Nagold, Germany.
Various important issues pertaining to the fashion retail and marketing like future of retail industry, latest trends in the retail industry, challenges faced by the industry and what can be done to improve the conditions were discussed by some of the renowned names in the industry. There was also a discussion on foreign brands who want to invest in the Indian market and how will this step change the whole prospects of the existing industry.
“Though initially, the retail industry in India was mostly unorganized, however with the change of tastes and preferences of the consumers, the industry is getting more popular these days and getting organized as well,” opined Mr. Shailesh Chaturvedi, CEO, Tommy Hilfiger, India. The retail sector is booming in India, but there are some areas where we have a long way to go to compete with some advanced markets is what Mr BS Nagesh, Vice Chairman, Shoppers Stop said.
Prominent personalities of the retail industry like Mr. B.S. Nagesh, Vice Chairman of Shopper’s Stop, Mr. Sanjeev Mohanty, MD, United Colors of Benetton, Mr. Anupam Bansal, Director, Liberty Group, Mr. Shailesh Chaturvedi, CEO, Tommy Hilfiger India were present on this occasion.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021