Rural sales zooms Dabur's Q2 profit
Company registered 23% rise in consolidated net profit at Rs 250 crOctober 29, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Dabur India, reported 23.40% rise in consolidated net profit at Rs 249.74 crore during the quarter ended September 30, 2013, backed by uptake in rural sales and strong growth in all key categories, including home care, health supplements, shampoos, foods, skin care and oral care.
Its consolidated net profit stood at Rs 202.37 crore in the corresponding quarter of last fiscal year.
During the quarter under review, its net sales increased 14.85% to Rs 1,748.81 crore, as compared to Rs 1,522.6 crore in the corresponding quarter previous fiscal year.
“Strong demand from the hinterland following the mega initiative to double our rural distribution footprint helped Dabur India Ltd sail through a challenging business environment and moderation in consumption expenditure,” the company said in a statement. Consumer care business grew by 18.33% at Rs 1,495.49 crore and foods business rose to Rs 203.39 crore. Category wise, home care business grew 25.3%, oral care category 19%, health supplements business grew by about 17%, skin care by more than 17% and the shampoo business had a 13% growth.
“The rising cost pressures were managed through a mix of judicious price increases and improved buying efficiencies. There are signs of an economic downturn, but Dabur maintained its strong growth momentum and continues to register sales growth ahead of the market in several key categories. We are seeing demand from rural India outpacing the urban markets,” said Dabur India chief executive officer Sunil Duggal.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021