Rural sales zooms Dabur's Q2 profit
Company registered 23% rise in consolidated net profit at Rs 250 crOctober 29, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Dabur India, reported 23.40% rise in consolidated net profit at Rs 249.74 crore during the quarter ended September 30, 2013, backed by uptake in rural sales and strong growth in all key categories, including home care, health supplements, shampoos, foods, skin care and oral care.
Its consolidated net profit stood at Rs 202.37 crore in the corresponding quarter of last fiscal year.
During the quarter under review, its net sales increased 14.85% to Rs 1,748.81 crore, as compared to Rs 1,522.6 crore in the corresponding quarter previous fiscal year.
“Strong demand from the hinterland following the mega initiative to double our rural distribution footprint helped Dabur India Ltd sail through a challenging business environment and moderation in consumption expenditure,” the company said in a statement. Consumer care business grew by 18.33% at Rs 1,495.49 crore and foods business rose to Rs 203.39 crore. Category wise, home care business grew 25.3%, oral care category 19%, health supplements business grew by about 17%, skin care by more than 17% and the shampoo business had a 13% growth.
“The rising cost pressures were managed through a mix of judicious price increases and improved buying efficiencies. There are signs of an economic downturn, but Dabur maintained its strong growth momentum and continues to register sales growth ahead of the market in several key categories. We are seeing demand from rural India outpacing the urban markets,” said Dabur India chief executive officer Sunil Duggal.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint