S Oliver plans 30 stores in 2013
To invest Euro 2 million for retail expansion.May 22, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
S Oliver, which has completed one year of its JV with Design Pod, has unveiled its plans of expanding its footprints in the Indian retail market. The German brand plans to open up 30 stores in India in 2013, a strategy which it plans to take to Tier I cities including Dehradun, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Kanpur and cities of UP.
10 of these stores are already operational. Rajive Ranjan, MD – India, S Oliver says, “ Along with expanding the stores, we are also restructuring the store sizes as well. We will from here on stick to stores between 1200 sq ft to 2200 sq ft.” Nearly Euro 2 million will be invested in order to expand presence.
Moreover, the brand has also introduced entry price points to its existing portfolio. Ranjan to this adds, “Entry price point products help us reach a larger target audience and also cuts down the inhibition of trying the products due to high price points.”
S Oliver re-entered India last year after tying up with Design Pod and had announced an investment of Euro 20 million in India. Prior to Design Pod, S Oliver was in JV with Orient Craft Brands.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021