S Oliver plans 30 stores in 2013
To invest Euro 2 million for retail expansion.May 22, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
S Oliver, which has completed one year of its JV with Design Pod, has unveiled its plans of expanding its footprints in the Indian retail market. The German brand plans to open up 30 stores in India in 2013, a strategy which it plans to take to Tier I cities including Dehradun, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Kanpur and cities of UP.
10 of these stores are already operational. Rajive Ranjan, MD – India, S Oliver says, “ Along with expanding the stores, we are also restructuring the store sizes as well. We will from here on stick to stores between 1200 sq ft to 2200 sq ft.” Nearly Euro 2 million will be invested in order to expand presence.
Moreover, the brand has also introduced entry price points to its existing portfolio. Ranjan to this adds, “Entry price point products help us reach a larger target audience and also cuts down the inhibition of trying the products due to high price points.”
S Oliver re-entered India last year after tying up with Design Pod and had announced an investment of Euro 20 million in India. Prior to Design Pod, S Oliver was in JV with Orient Craft Brands.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint