SPORTXS launches its first store in Pune
Located in Phoenix Market City this is the 5th SPORTXS store pan-India
August 24, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
SPORTXS, India’s first and largest organised ‘Sports Gear’ retail destination announced the launch of its fifth store with a store-in-store format at the Landmark in Phoenix Market City, Viman Nagar. With its latest launch, SPORTXS steps up its pan-India presence and marks its official entry into West India and Maharashtra.
Housing gear and equipment across 32 sports categories, the 2400 sq ft Store is the ultimate retail destination for anything sports. The Multi-Brand, Multi-Category concept combined with bright and energising interior appeals to people looking for sports gear and equipment whether for fitness training or professional purposes.
Sharing his enthusiasm on the latest store launch, Zahir Laliwala, CEO of SPORTXS said, “The Sports Retail market in India has primarily been a fragmented market. For the longest time, the few organized retail formats in this category were restricted to stand-alone stores belonging to single brands. SPORTXS cuts across all of the existing formats to create a one-stop-shop for sports related gear and equipment.”
Commenting on the reasons for choosing Pune as a location for the store, he further added, “Pune has a strong sports culture within the city and it is geographically well suited for adventure sports such as river rafting or rock climbing.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021