SRS Cinemas, marks its debut in Punjab
SRS Group, one of India’s leading conglomerates with
September 17, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
SRS Group, one of India’s leading conglomerates with business interests in real estate, multiplex cinemas, retail and food & beverages, has recently announced the opening of a new multiplex at OMAXE Mall in Patiala. The new upcoming SRS Multiplex is the 10th multiplex of SRS group in North India.
The new SRS multiplex will be home to 4 lavish auditoriums having a seating capacity of 1117 people, each auditorium will offer world class movie viewing as it is equipped with high quality digital capable projection, DTS and Dolby Sound, and finest customer amenities like top of the line ultra luxurious seating systems and excellent food and beverage facilities with the choice of selections at the Candy Bar.
On the occasion, Dr. Anil Jindal, Chairman & Managing Director, SRS Group, said, “We are very happy to inaugurate our 10th multiplex in Punjab and we are working towards expanding our network on a pan India basis. SRS Cinemas is one of the fastest growing vertical within the SRS portfolio. We are entering Punjab with strong momentum on the brand, with a very healthy growth in this region as well as consumer equity scores. We will accelerate the journey and provide the audiences with its more than movie experience. We aim to provide the audiences with incomparable, best in class and top of the line facilities and make their movie viewing experience a memorable one.”
With the opening up of this multiplex in Patiala, SRS now has 27 screens with a capacity of 6919 seats in 6 locations across 3 states. Spread over an area of 43805.95 sq feet, SRS Group has set in motion its plans to expand its highly successful multiplex chain, SRS Cinemas.
SRS will invest approx. Rs.50 crore to add 23 more screens to its current portfolio of 27 screens and take the total number to 50 by the end of this year.
A salient feature of SRS which distinguishes it from its competition is the fact that it operates entire service malls that include multiplex cinemas, retail chains, food courts and clubs as part of the array of services. In other words, all these services are operated by the group itself and not outsourced/leased out to any brands.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021