Sahara's retail journey begins
Q-Shops to cover a crore sq. ft of retail space.August 13, 2012 | comments ( 5 ) |
Sahara group has announced the launch of its retail outlets named ‘Q-shops’ covering 60 cities from August 15. These 60 cities will be in five states namely - Bihar, Jharkhand, UP, Uttrakhand and Rajasthan. This is the first phase of the launch which will expand to 998 towns by 2013.
Q-shops will cover a retail space of over one crore square feet. Speaking about the initial investment Subrata Roy Sahara, Managing Worker and Chairman, Sahara India pariwar, said, “Our pariwar has allocated an initial investment of around Rs 3,000 crore and investments will keep happening but it is the initial phase which demands the maximum capital.”
The stores will be company owned and specialty of Q-shops is that it promises 100 per cent unadulterated FMCG products. The shop will offer products from 73 categories like staples, processed foods, personal care products and home care products. Any adulteration found in the products will result in the sahara pariwar paying the consumer Rs Lakh.
The group is also planning to enter the dairy market very soon. Speaking about the FDI in retail Roy added “We welcome any investment to benefit the consumer and improve the quality of retail, they will bring expertise, innovation and quality products which will be good for the consumers, but we have asked the government to ensure that the manufacturing process happens in India else this will be a suicidal step for the country”.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019