Saugata Mitra wins HR Strategic Leader of the Year Award
Saugata Mitra, Chief People Officer & Group Head HR, Mother Dairy fruit & vegetable Pvt Ltd, was conferred the prestigious' 'HR Strategic Leader of the year' award at the 4th Employer branding awards
January 06, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Saugata Mitra, Chief People Officer & Group Head HR, Mother Dairy fruit & vegetable Pvt Ltd, was conferred the prestigious' 'HR Strategic Leader of the year' award at the 4th Employer branding awards held at Pune recently.
With over 20 years of professional experience in Fortune 500 Companies, Saugata started his career with American Trans National, Union Carbide followed by a long stint in Japanese multinationals Sony and Sharp as Group Head-Human Resource, New Business Initiatives and later on went on to become the CEO of an Indo-Japanese Business Venture.
For the last two years he is the Chief People Officer & Group Head Human Resource with Mother Dairy, India's second largest Dairy & Food Company and is part of the apex decision making body and responsible for Group Human Resource function (with 4000 crore turnover and over 6000 employees). His key responsibilities include: Preparation of HR strategy to support business strategy, Develop organization culture, process and systems in line with modern day HR practices, develop and retain high potentials, organizational development, a culture of high performance, improving and monitoring productivity, Sr. Management Compensation system and several other special assignments connected with HR and business.
With two post graduate degrees in Sociology from University of Pune and MBA from Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, he has been awarded the "Valmiki Rolling Trophy for Scholastic Performance of High Order" in Management Science.
Mitra has been bestowed with various national and international awards, including:
- Sony Asia Pacific Award, Singapore for being judged as "The Regional High Potential" in 2000.
- Sony "International High Potential" award in 2004.
- Gurgaon Chamber of commerce for "Best HR Professional" in 2003
- HR Achiever Award presented at World HR Congress Awards-2008
- Global Leadership Award at the World HR Congress-2008
- Exemplary Leader Award at the 3rd Employer Branding Awards-2008
- Pride of the Industry Award in 2009.
- HR Professional of the Year at the Asia Pacific HRM Congress 2009
Saugata Mitra's recent book "18 Management Competencies Business Professionals Cannot Ignore!" has been published by renowned publisher 'Sterling' in 2008 with over 4000 copies have been sold already. The book was launched at the London Book Fair and has done extremely well in Frankfurt Book Fair and Johannesburg Book Fair. Thebook was adjudged the No. 1 Business book at the Gazelle Book Services, London for more than 60 days.
Mitra is also member of various HR organizations and Management Institutes including the Governing body of IRMA, Anand, Japan India Business Association and others and is an avid traveller.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category