Sebi approves upto Rs 1,600cr rights issue of Future Retail
Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Retail has received market regulator Sebi's approval to raise up to Rs 1,600 crore through rights issue, says a PTI report.October 16, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Retail has received market regulator Sebi's approval to raise up to Rs 1,600 crore through rights issue, says a PTI report.
The company had filed its application with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) for the proposed rights issue in July.
Sebi issued its final observations on the draft offer documents on October 10, according to the latest update by the market regulator. The regulator had received the draft offer documents on July 22 through its lead manager Axis Capital Limited.
Issuance of 'observations' on offer documents by Sebi is considered as a clearance to the issuer to go ahead with the share issues through routes like IPOs, FPOs and rights issue.
Earlier in August, Sebi had sought clarification from the merchant banker of Future Retail regarding the company's Rs 1,600 crore rights issue. In a rights issue, shares are issued to existing investors as per their holding at pre-determined price and ratio.
Besides, Future Retail is the flagship company of Future Group and is into organised multi-format retail business in India.
The company has retail stores in various formats, including food, fashion apparels, accessories and footwear, general merchandise, consumer durables and electronics. The firm has pan-India presence with over 320 stores in nearly 100 cities.
Image courtesy: http://www.corbisimages.com/
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India