Sebi approves upto Rs 1,600cr rights issue of Future Retail
Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Retail has received market regulator Sebi's approval to raise up to Rs 1,600 crore through rights issue, says a PTI report.October 16, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Retail has received market regulator Sebi's approval to raise up to Rs 1,600 crore through rights issue, says a PTI report.
The company had filed its application with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) for the proposed rights issue in July.
Sebi issued its final observations on the draft offer documents on October 10, according to the latest update by the market regulator. The regulator had received the draft offer documents on July 22 through its lead manager Axis Capital Limited.
Issuance of 'observations' on offer documents by Sebi is considered as a clearance to the issuer to go ahead with the share issues through routes like IPOs, FPOs and rights issue.
Earlier in August, Sebi had sought clarification from the merchant banker of Future Retail regarding the company's Rs 1,600 crore rights issue. In a rights issue, shares are issued to existing investors as per their holding at pre-determined price and ratio.
Besides, Future Retail is the flagship company of Future Group and is into organised multi-format retail business in India.
The company has retail stores in various formats, including food, fashion apparels, accessories and footwear, general merchandise, consumer durables and electronics. The firm has pan-India presence with over 320 stores in nearly 100 cities.
Image courtesy: http://www.corbisimages.com/
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India