Sehwag in FILA’s shoes
FILA signs Virender Sehwag as Brand Ambassador.
Tags: FilaJuly 04, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Fila, the Italian lifestyle brand appointed Indian ace cricketer Virender Sehwag as their first ever brand ambassador in India. On the occasion of FILA completing their 100 years globally, brand is now trying to grow in Indian subcontinent. This contract will last for three years.
Though cricketers including Sehwag will be seen wearing Nike match dress in the ground but Sehwag’s feet will be in FILA’s sprints. When asked about, how will FILA ensure enough visibility through sprints, Rajiv Bajaj, CEO, FILA said, “We can make people look at his shoes, there are ways to do it and can match the visibility gained by Nike”.
Bajaj also disclosed his expansion plans in India. FILA India will be opening another 25 to 30 franchised stores and 700 more multi brand stores all across India. At present FILA is present in around 1800 locations in the country and has 35 exclusive stores. The average size will be around 800 square feet and opening of such store will rake in 20 to 30 lacks from each franchise.
Sehwag will be a part of FILA’s marketing communication strategy across print campaigns, radio ads, television commercials, in store branding online.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India