Seiko : Watches up to Rs 15 lakh in India
The Japanese premium watch manufacturer, Seiko, launched
July 17, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Japanese premium watch manufacturer, Seiko, launched watches priced up to themark of Rs 15 lakh, in India.
The company plans to have head-to-head competition with its rival brands like Rado andTissot.
The company, which has been in India through its subsidiary Seiko Watch India for thelast three years, sells around 253 watch models with prices starting from Rs 5,200 to Rs60,000 a piece.
This time the company plans to broach two to three collections of luxury models. It hasstreamlined to introduce its global brands ‘Galante’ and ‘Grand Seiko’ costing up to Rs15 lakhs. Besides the company also plans to bring the 'Ananta' range priced between Rs 1lakh and Rs 5 lakh, this year.
The company considers Indian market to be with great potential and it aims to becomeone of the top five brands in the next five year. Looking at the growth rate of 43 per cent,the company is optimistic to reach the target.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2