Shop and play at Disney now
Walt Disney Co., with plans to keep customers shopping longer at its stores would overhaul its 340 European and U.S. stores to have entertainment and retail stores at the same place.
October 14, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Walt Disney Co., with plans to keep customers shopping longer at its stores would overhaul its 340 European and U.S. stores to have entertainment and retail stores at the same place. The company is considering a turnaround that includes investing about $1 million into each store in part to have children eager to visit, play and linger in the same location as the retail outlet that sells toys, games, plush animals and other retail items. Disney said it would begin the bold retail step pushing forward while many stores are retrenching in Southern California, Long Island and Madrid. It is also hoping to create a flagship store in Times Square in New York City. Disney also plans to outfit stores with theatres for kids to select video clips to watch and install systems for kids to teleconference with Disney stars.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021