Shop and play at Disney now
Walt Disney Co., with plans to keep customers shopping longer at its stores would overhaul its 340 European and U.S. stores to have entertainment and retail stores at the same place.
October 14, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Walt Disney Co., with plans to keep customers shopping longer at its stores would overhaul its 340 European and U.S. stores to have entertainment and retail stores at the same place. The company is considering a turnaround that includes investing about $1 million into each store in part to have children eager to visit, play and linger in the same location as the retail outlet that sells toys, games, plush animals and other retail items. Disney said it would begin the bold retail step pushing forward while many stores are retrenching in Southern California, Long Island and Madrid. It is also hoping to create a flagship store in Times Square in New York City. Disney also plans to outfit stores with theatres for kids to select video clips to watch and install systems for kids to teleconference with Disney stars.
- UP Cabinet clears Patanjali's Rs 6,000-crore food park
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjali’s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India
- Samsung eyes 10% more of Indian TV market
- Snapdeal's Jason Kothari quits to join Infibeam
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal asks ministry to relax restrictions over Amazon's food plans
- Furniture retailer Stanley Lifestyles partners with Conde House