Shop and play at Disney now
Walt Disney Co., with plans to keep customers shopping longer at its stores would overhaul its 340 European and U.S. stores to have entertainment and retail stores at the same place.
October 14, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Walt Disney Co., with plans to keep customers shopping longer at its stores would overhaul its 340 European and U.S. stores to have entertainment and retail stores at the same place. The company is considering a turnaround that includes investing about $1 million into each store in part to have children eager to visit, play and linger in the same location as the retail outlet that sells toys, games, plush animals and other retail items. Disney said it would begin the bold retail step pushing forward while many stores are retrenching in Southern California, Long Island and Madrid. It is also hoping to create a flagship store in Times Square in New York City. Disney also plans to outfit stores with theatres for kids to select video clips to watch and install systems for kids to teleconference with Disney stars.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2