Shopper’s Stop's new MD, Govind Shrikhande
Govind Shrikhande escalates to new height
September 13, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Shopper’s Stop Ltd along with the declaration of their exceptional Q1FY11 results also announced the appointment of Govind Shrikhande as the Managing Director, effective from July 29, 2010.
Shrikhande took charge of Shopper’s Stop Limited as the Customer Care Associate, President & CEO in the month of August last year. The retail giant has since grown significantly in profits, completed their acquisition of 51% equity stake in Hypercity Retail (India) Ltd and has aggressively expanded their presence across India.
Since he joined Shoppers Stop, Shrikhande has played a key role in the company’s tremendous growth from 7 stores in 2001 to 33 stores at present. He was also instrumental in re-branding initiative of the brand – Shoppers Stop in the year 2008, which reinvigorated the brand’s market positioning, product and service offerings.
Shrikhande’s strong performance as head of Shoppers Stop, his passion for developing innovative products & services, and his emphasis on creating an enjoyable workplace for employees was recognized in 2009 with the prestigious Clothing Manufacturers Association of India felicitating him as the ‘Retail Professional of the Year’ & in early 2010, he was recognized as the ‘Most Admired Fashion Retail Professional’ at the Images Fashion Awards.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO