Shopper’s Stop's new MD, Govind Shrikhande
Govind Shrikhande escalates to new height
September 13, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Shopper’s Stop Ltd along with the declaration of their exceptional Q1FY11 results also announced the appointment of Govind Shrikhande as the Managing Director, effective from July 29, 2010.
Shrikhande took charge of Shopper’s Stop Limited as the Customer Care Associate, President & CEO in the month of August last year. The retail giant has since grown significantly in profits, completed their acquisition of 51% equity stake in Hypercity Retail (India) Ltd and has aggressively expanded their presence across India.
Since he joined Shoppers Stop, Shrikhande has played a key role in the company’s tremendous growth from 7 stores in 2001 to 33 stores at present. He was also instrumental in re-branding initiative of the brand – Shoppers Stop in the year 2008, which reinvigorated the brand’s market positioning, product and service offerings.
Shrikhande’s strong performance as head of Shoppers Stop, his passion for developing innovative products & services, and his emphasis on creating an enjoyable workplace for employees was recognized in 2009 with the prestigious Clothing Manufacturers Association of India felicitating him as the ‘Retail Professional of the Year’ & in early 2010, he was recognized as the ‘Most Admired Fashion Retail Professional’ at the Images Fashion Awards.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021