Shoppers Stop announces growth plan
Will focus on revamping few categoriesFebruary 05, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Shoppers Stop is planning to launch eight new stores by the end of next financial year, and for the current fiscal, the company is planning to open three-four stores. The brand also plans to revamp its jewellery and electronics categories, as per the official release.
Addressing the same, Govind Shrikhande, Managing Director, Shoppers Stop, said, “There are plans to seriously relook at some of Shoppers Stop's businesses, such as fine jewellery and electronics.” He also added, "We have already curtailed the size (of the jewellery business) because we are seeing very clearly that this category may not come back very strongly for at least another year or two, we will, instead (of jewellery), focus on the beauty and personal accessories divisions."
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years