Shoppers Stop launched in Amritsar
Shoppers Stop opened its 60,000 sq.ft store in AlphaOne mall, Amritsar, recently. Govind Shrikhande, Customer Care Associate, President and CEO, Shopper’s Stop Limited says, "Amritsar is rapidly emer
March 10, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
Shoppers Stop opened its 60,000 sq.ft store in AlphaOne mall, Amritsar, recently. Govind Shrikhande, Customer Care Associate, President and CEO, Shopper’s Stop Limited says, "Amritsar is rapidly emerging as a cosmopolitan city of fashion conscious citizens. We already have loyal customers, who travel to our Delhi/NCR stores. This existing catchment of customers in Amritsar is indicative of their desire for a superior shopping experience. We are positive that the citizens of Amritsar are equally excited about our entry as we are about providing them with an unparalleled shopping experience."
“It takes approximately Rs 8-10 crores of investment to open a store of this size,” informs Shrikhande.
Shrikhande informs about the future expansion plans, “We will open one store each at Mantri Square mall, Malleswaram, Bangalore and Venus Square mall, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, by March 2010. We will also open 18 stores across the country in about 30 months.”
With the launch of the new store in Amritsar, Shoppers Stop currently has 29 stores occupying a retail space of 1.93 million square feet.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021