Simba Toys plans big in India
To open 25 new stores and a manufacturing unit in India.August 20, 2012 | comments ( 2 ) |
Simba Toys, the German toymaker, has unveiled its plans to open up 25 new stores across India. The stores will be franchised and will be opened with an aim to tap the Rs 1,700 crore Indian toy industry.
According to the company official, the stores will be set up in next six months. Simba Toys already has two global franchise stores in Bangalore and Mumbai and will add two more stores in the same locations. For stores, the company has tied up with Exelixi Management Private Ltd as its master franchisee.
Simba along with retail expansion is also looking at setting up a manufacturing unit in India. For this it plans to tie up with a local partner.
Moreover, they are also looking at getting local license for some games, including the 'Spider-Man'.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021