Simba Toys plans big in India
To open 25 new stores and a manufacturing unit in India.August 20, 2012 | comments ( 2 ) |
Simba Toys, the German toymaker, has unveiled its plans to open up 25 new stores across India. The stores will be franchised and will be opened with an aim to tap the Rs 1,700 crore Indian toy industry.
According to the company official, the stores will be set up in next six months. Simba Toys already has two global franchise stores in Bangalore and Mumbai and will add two more stores in the same locations. For stores, the company has tied up with Exelixi Management Private Ltd as its master franchisee.
Simba along with retail expansion is also looking at setting up a manufacturing unit in India. For this it plans to tie up with a local partner.
Moreover, they are also looking at getting local license for some games, including the 'Spider-Man'.
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results