Simba Toys targets tier 2 cities
The company will open 100 stores by 2014 in IndiaOctober 28, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
SimbaToys, is all set to expand its reach to tier 2 cities. Following the opening of existing stores across Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai the company is now ready to extend its reach to Orissa, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Chhattisgarh over the next few months.
Commenting on the expansion Shree Narayan Sabharwal, Business Head, Simba Toys India stated “In India, almost 70% of the toy market is unorganized. Simba Toys mission is to let kids play with better quality and safer toys. The idea behind SIMBA stores in India is to establish them as your neighborhood toy store. Through which good quality products come closer to mass consumer across all cities in India, as it’s difficult to have easy access to such toys in India.”
"We are planning to open 50 outlets across the country by the end of this year”, he further added. German - based toy brand, Simba Toys entered the Indian market through an exclusive franchise arrangement in 2010. Simba Toys opened its first Simba store in 2012 in Mumbai, the financial capital of India.
Eighteen stores of SIMBA are already operational in diversified locations across the country which includes Delhi-NCR, Madhya Pradesh, Bangalore Mumbai, Gujarat, Uttarakhand and Chennai. The product range includes Back to School range, Steffi, Majorette, Art and Craft, Music.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021