Skechers launched in India
A global leading player in the lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA launched the fashion footwear brand, 'Skechers,' in India on Wednesday.
February 25, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
A global leading player in the lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA launched the fashion footwear brand, 'Skechers,' in India on Wednesday. The brand boasts of offering nearly 3,000 varieties of footwear styles for men, women and kids. Marvin Bernstein, managing partner of Skechers USA said that they are optimistic about growth in the Indian market. "We are a global brand and are reasonably priced. We are confident about growth in the Indian market," he said.
The brand has plans to open five stores in cities such as Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore in 2010, with its first standalone store opening in Mumbai. They have roped in Shazahn Padamsee as the brand ambassador of Skechers India. Ranging from Rs 599 to Rs 3,799 for women and Rs 599 to Rs 3,999 for men, the collection will feature an array of styles. A public company since 1999, Skechers is on the New York Stock Exchange. There are approximately 350 Skechers stores around the world, with this number expected to scale up to 400 by 2010
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India
- LOTS Wholesale Solutions expands footprint with its third store in India
- Microsoft partners with retail chain Kroger to develop grocery stores
- Myntra's revenue for FY18 plunges by 80%