Skechers launched in India
A global leading player in the lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA launched the fashion footwear brand, 'Skechers,' in India on Wednesday.
February 25, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
A global leading player in the lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA launched the fashion footwear brand, 'Skechers,' in India on Wednesday. The brand boasts of offering nearly 3,000 varieties of footwear styles for men, women and kids. Marvin Bernstein, managing partner of Skechers USA said that they are optimistic about growth in the Indian market. "We are a global brand and are reasonably priced. We are confident about growth in the Indian market," he said.
The brand has plans to open five stores in cities such as Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore in 2010, with its first standalone store opening in Mumbai. They have roped in Shazahn Padamsee as the brand ambassador of Skechers India. Ranging from Rs 599 to Rs 3,799 for women and Rs 599 to Rs 3,999 for men, the collection will feature an array of styles. A public company since 1999, Skechers is on the New York Stock Exchange. There are approximately 350 Skechers stores around the world, with this number expected to scale up to 400 by 2010
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2