Skoda Auto India to have boutique showrooms
Premium carmaker SkodaAuto India, a unit of the Volkswagen Group, is betting big on boutique showrooms to increase brand awareness and bring customers closer to the brand.
January 21, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
Premium carmaker SkodaAuto India, a unit of the Volkswagen Group, is betting big on boutique showrooms to increase brand awareness and bring customers closer to the brand. Skoda has around 25 per cent market share in the mid-size segment of cars in India and is pinning its hopes on a stronger brand recall to add incremental market-share in the next 3-5 years.
The company sold 16,000 cars in the Indian market in 2009 and is targeting to cross the 20,000-mark in 2010. SkodaAuto’s dealership footprint spreads across 65 outlets and covers 50 cities and towns in India. The company continues to expand its sales and service network to meet local demand and has set a target of reaching 75 dealerships by the end of 2010.
By the end of this calendar year, Skoda plans to have at least 15 to 20 of these boutique showrooms to be up and running in the leading Tier-I and Tie-II cities
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021