Skoda escalating operations
Skoda Auto infuses 300 crore to expand production, boost volumes.
Tags: SkodaMay 07, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Skoda Auto is undertaking a swing of measures to fuel its growth in India and contribute considerably to its global goal of achieving 1.5 million units sales by 2018. For the same, they have created a new line of leadership under a new organisation structure.
Fresh equity of over Rs 300 crore is also being pumped in for the Indian operations to increase localisation and expand production. A new product portfolio strategy to boost volumes in India is also being devised. Skoda as a brand has created a strong image in the premium end of the market, but it will have to work on its pricing to appease the larger audience. "We cannot have any weaknesses in our product offering to the end customers. A greater emphasis is being put on the pace of dealership reach into the country. We have a competitive portfolio today, but to aspire to higher volumes , there is need to appeal to a wider target market and we are working on those directions," said Sudhir Rao, Managing Director, Skoda India.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2