Skoda escalating operations
Skoda Auto infuses 300 crore to expand production, boost volumes.
Tags: SkodaMay 07, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Skoda Auto is undertaking a swing of measures to fuel its growth in India and contribute considerably to its global goal of achieving 1.5 million units sales by 2018. For the same, they have created a new line of leadership under a new organisation structure.
Fresh equity of over Rs 300 crore is also being pumped in for the Indian operations to increase localisation and expand production. A new product portfolio strategy to boost volumes in India is also being devised. Skoda as a brand has created a strong image in the premium end of the market, but it will have to work on its pricing to appease the larger audience. "We cannot have any weaknesses in our product offering to the end customers. A greater emphasis is being put on the pace of dealership reach into the country. We have a competitive portfolio today, but to aspire to higher volumes , there is need to appeal to a wider target market and we are working on those directions," said Sudhir Rao, Managing Director, Skoda India.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021