Snapdeal.com gets new CFO
Aakash Moondhra joins the Snapdeal club.July 05, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Snapdeal.com has appointed Aakash Moondhra as the Chief Financial Officer. He has more than 15 years of experience in the banking, corporate finance and MBA, strategy consulting and private equity. He has also been an entrepreneur and has also worked extensively across retail, technology and telecom industries.
Moondhra has also been a part of the project team that ended Bharti’s Alliance with Walmart for retail and was also a part of the corporate strategy team during the merger of AT&T with SBC in U.S.A.
He also held key roles in teams at Baring Private Equity, Accenture, AT&T (Financial Leadership Program), Bharti Airtel & Bharti Retail, Nokia and I-Farm Ventures. He completed his MBA from Southern Methodist University-Cox School of Business, Dallas, TX, USA in Finance & Strategy. He is also a Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary and completed Advanced Strategic Management course from the University of Michigan.
Kunal Bahl, CEO of Snapdeal.com said, “As Snapdeal continues to scale rapidly and move into newer orbits, we believe that continuously augmenting the leadership teamsets up the business for success. Aakash is joining Snapdeal in an exciting phase of hyper growth, and his wide experiences as a business operator and investor will be quite valuable.”
Aakash Moondhra said, on joining the team at Snapdeal.com, “I feel fortunate to be part of the young, energetic and dynamic team at Snapdeal. These are extremely exciting times at the organisation as we scale up rapidly with tremendous entrepreneurial zeal and vigour, and alongside institutionalise the systems and processes. I look forward to this next phase of growth.”
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India