Sony India plans smartphone-led growth
Forecasts Rs 5,500 crore revenue from the mobile segmentMay 09, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sony is eyeing revenues of Rs 12,000 crore in India during this fiscal, with about Rs 5,500 crore generated from the sale of mobile devices. As part of that strategy, Sony is expecting buoyant demand for its recently launched smartphone Xperia Z2.
Sony India had registered revenues of Rs 8,000 crore during FY '14.
Kenichiro Hibi, Managing Director, Sony India, in a recent media interaction, pointed out that they will invest Rs 350 crore for marketing-related activities for the mobile phone business.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021