Sony India plans smartphone-led growth
Forecasts Rs 5,500 crore revenue from the mobile segmentMay 09, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sony is eyeing revenues of Rs 12,000 crore in India during this fiscal, with about Rs 5,500 crore generated from the sale of mobile devices. As part of that strategy, Sony is expecting buoyant demand for its recently launched smartphone Xperia Z2.
Sony India had registered revenues of Rs 8,000 crore during FY '14.
Kenichiro Hibi, Managing Director, Sony India, in a recent media interaction, pointed out that they will invest Rs 350 crore for marketing-related activities for the mobile phone business.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint