Sony augmentation blueprint
Plans to be 5th Largest contributor to global sales by FY12.
Tags: Sony IndiaMay 25, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sony India is advancing swiftly in the Indian retail market. With clocking an increase of Rs 867 crore this FY to reach Rs 6313 crore, it is working on an absolute expansion strategy to spread its wings. BRAVIA, VAIO and Digital Imaging (Cyber-shot, Handycam, Alpha & Photo Frame) have been the growth drivers of the business in India, contributing 35, 20 and 15 per cent, respectively to the total sales in FY11.
This fiscal, it will be increasing its distribution network 10,400 to 12,200 points and along with this it is boosting its after-sales service with 285 service touch points across the country. In order to integrate the best operations with domestic distribution, Sony has 30 warehouses pan India, where storing, handling and clearance of goods is done. Sony followed a strong brand promotion strategy and invested Rs 360 crore in FY11. This fiscal this number will go up to Rs 450 crore, which will be in sync with the business growth. Sony plans to increase its manpower by 500 employees in FY12, to match the growing business requirement and take the count to 3,800. Also it plans to increase its sales turnover by 30 per cent in the coming year.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021