Spar opens store in Gurgaon
Spar, the world’s leading independent food retail chain spread across 34 countries, recently unveiled its first hypermarket in
October 04, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Spar, the world’s leading independent food retail chain spread across 34 countries, recently unveiled its first hypermarket in Gurgaon. The large format Spar store is located on the lower ground floor of the MGF Metropolis Mall, Gurgaon. This is the tenth Spar store in India, with the other nine located in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mangalore, Pune, Coimbatore and Delhi.
Gordon Campbell, Managing Director, Spar International said, “We are also very proud of this achievement as it confirms that our method of working together in joint flagship store projects with our Spar Partners delivers world class results. The opening of this latest hypermarket, totalling ten stores spread across several provinces of India, reflects the ongoing developments of the brand in India to the highest possible standards.”
By 2013, Spar is set to open about 30 hypermarkets across India and clock revenues of Rs 1700 crore. This will entail an investment of Rs 550 crore.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021