Spar opens store in Gurgaon
Spar, the world’s leading independent food retail chain spread across 34 countries, recently unveiled its first hypermarket in
October 04, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Spar, the world’s leading independent food retail chain spread across 34 countries, recently unveiled its first hypermarket in Gurgaon. The large format Spar store is located on the lower ground floor of the MGF Metropolis Mall, Gurgaon. This is the tenth Spar store in India, with the other nine located in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mangalore, Pune, Coimbatore and Delhi.
Gordon Campbell, Managing Director, Spar International said, “We are also very proud of this achievement as it confirms that our method of working together in joint flagship store projects with our Spar Partners delivers world class results. The opening of this latest hypermarket, totalling ten stores spread across several provinces of India, reflects the ongoing developments of the brand in India to the highest possible standards.”
By 2013, Spar is set to open about 30 hypermarkets across India and clock revenues of Rs 1700 crore. This will entail an investment of Rs 550 crore.
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay