Spencer's Retail break even in 18 months
It is reported that Spencerís Retail, the retail arm of the RPG group,
May 09, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
It is reported that Spencer’s Retail, the retail arm of the RPG group, may take another 18 months to break even.
Though the company has already achieved the store level break even in the first quarter of 2010-11 and has lowered its losses to Rs 130 crores declining by 41 % compared to Rs 220 crores recorded in 2009-10.
The company is going to drive its growth strategy by opening more hypermarkets. Consumer behaviour suggests modern shoppers are evolving and prefer shopping at larger stores, which offer merchandise across categories.
According to a report by financial services firm Emkay, Spencer’s management is taking various steps to improve the company’s performance. The management has adopted a revenue-sharing model while opening stores, instead of the fixed-rent model. The company’s growth in same-store sales is expected to stand at around 14 per cent.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021