Spencerís abandons its IPO plan
Spencerís, a retail vertical of RPG Retail is planning to carry out its expansion plan internally.
May 23, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Spencerís, a retail vertical of RPG Retail is planning to carry out its expansion plan internally. Harsh Goenka, the chairman of the company has revealed that its plan to go for IPO has been abandoned. Instead, the company will raise the fund to fuel its expansion drive through internal accruals and debt. Currently Spencer`s has four retail formats, namely, Spencer`s Express, Spencer`s Daily, Spencer`s Super and Spencer`s Hyper. Spencer`s is pondering for tie-ups with foreign brands across its all retail verticals and these tie-ups in standalone retail chain and shop-in-shop formats will be in the form of subsidiary companies.
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities
- Rahul Dravid to endorse Philips air purifiers
- Paytm may acquire UCWeb‚Äôs India biz
- Unicommerce selected as the exclusive partner by House of Anita Dongre for warehouse & e-commerce management solutions
- Amazon registers sales surge across the categories at opening day of festive sale
- ShopClues launches International Store on its platform
- Retail sector set to reach USD 1750 bn. by 2026: FICCI-Deloitte report
- LOVE MOSCHINO launches first flagship store in Delhi