Spencer's to have 40 EBOs by year-end
After a successful launch of Beverly Hills Polo Club (BHPC), Spencers Retail, which introduced the American lifestyle brand in India in August 2009, is all prepared to promote the brand aggressively b
May 25, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
After a successful launch of Beverly Hills Polo Club (BHPC), Spencers Retail, which introduced the American lifestyle brand in India in August 2009, is all prepared to promote the brand aggressively by opening more exclusive brand outlets (EBOs).
Anurag Rajpal, VP -Apparel, Spencer’s Retail Limited, said that the company has nine EBOs across Delhi, NCR and Punjab. And in the next couple of months, the company is planning to double that number. By year-end, the company intends to have 40 EBOs across Delhi, NCR, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, etc. He added that the company’s typical investment is in the range of Rs 50-60 lakh per store of the size of 1,000-1,200 sq.ft. For expansion and market penetration, Spencer's Retail is looking at tier II cities like Aurangabad, Nashik, Kolhapur, Mangalore, Vijaywada and Cochin. Beverly Hills Polo Club has an exclusive tie-up with Spencer’s Retail, the retailing arm of RPG Enterprises. It also has plans up its sleeves to launch two more international brands — Ladybird, a UK-based kidswear brand and Ecko, a US-based lifestyle brand. The company plans to open two EBOs of each brand in Delhi by July this year and will rapidly move to other territories on similar lines.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India