Spicing up the fast-food market
Chicking Fried Chicken, the second largest international fried chicken brand, has made its entry into the northern region by opening its first outlet in the capital, which is spread across 1,000 sq ft
February 01, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Chicking Fried Chicken, the second largest international fried chicken brand, has made its entry into the northern region by opening its first outlet in the capital, which is spread across 1,000 sq ft. The chain already has an established footprint in the southern part of the country. Speaking on the occasion, A K Mansoor, CMD, Al Bayan Group, the brand owner of Chicking Fried Chicken and Director, KYM Foods & Beverages Pvt Ltd, said: “At present, we have 25 outlets in the southern part of India and Chicking plans to open 100 outlets across India and over 300 outlets across the globe by 2015.”
Talking about plans for the northern region, Yogesh Lakhanpaul, Managing Director, KYM Foods & Beverages Pvt Ltd, said, “The company plans to expand its network through a franchise route in India with presence in Delhi-NCR, Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Amritsar in Punjab and Chandigarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Kanpur, Agra, Meerut and Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, and Jaipur and Udaipurin Rajasthan.” In the southern region, the brand is present in a 70:30 ratio in retail and franchisee respectively, and for the northern region, they plan to keep the ratio at 90:10 in favour of franchise. Lakhanpaul said that the company will open nearly 50 outlets in Delhi-NCR. “It is a big market for us to expand, and our target is to open at all strategic locations in Delhi,” he said.
The menu features Fried Chicken Buckets, Chicken Burgers, Combo Meals, Chicken Bucket Meals, Potato Sticks, Fish Burger, Chicken and Vegetable Wraps and much more. Chicking Fried Chicken has over 85 outlets in 14 countries across the world.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years