Godrej Interio reaches to more customers; plans to add 45 new stores this year.
Tags: Godrej InterioMay 23, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Godrej Interio, the home and office furniture brand, is expanding its reach to the consumers. The expansion will take place in retail, production and product category.
For the retail segment, Interio which has close to 200 stores of which 70-80 are company owned, plans to add another 45 stores across India. “Our stores are majorly franchised but we maintained them in very close collaboration with the franchisee,” says Subodh Mehta, AVP, Marketing Godrej Interio-Home Division. Godrej Interio has opened its first store in Faridabad today, spread across 2800 sq ft. The store offers a vast range of furniture bedroom, living room, kitchen, dining and housing accessories.
In order to achieve the growing demand in the market and expanding reach, the company is expanding its manufacturing facility in Pune and Guwahati. “We have invested about Rs 20 crore and Rs 15 crore in the Pune and Guwahati facilities respectively. Moreover, we will also expand our upholstery unit by investing Rs 20-25 crore,” informs Mehta.
The company which entered the market with storage products and then moved into the home and office furniture has recently forayed in the healthcare furniture segment. “We are designing and manufacturing furniture for hospitals, laboratories and also special furniture for disabled. Moreover, we are also working with Indian Navy for refurbishing ships for marine accommodation,” adds Mehta.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India